Login
Welcome to Moonbase.lu
Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 07:00 PM BST

LEGO Brand Retail

Forum Index > General > General Discussion
 Save the Universe Campaign
 |  Printable Version
By: PatchM142 (offline) on Saturday, November 05 2011 @ 03:07 PM GMT (Read 579 times)  
PatchM142

For those of you who haven't heard, 55000 LEGO Universe is in danger of closing down due to low member counts, not being able to meet profit expectations. Read more http://universe.lego.com/en-us/communit ... ?id=359519.

This campaign is intended to save LEGO Universe.

Intro
As far as I know, no petition or "please dont shut down lu i like it" posts are going to save the game. All of these come from members.

What LU needs right now is new members. Trouble is, with the game shutting down, that's not going to be easy.

I'd like to start a "Save the Universe" campaign, but it's not going to work if the only people you tell about it are those who own LU.

I'm estimating that the game would need quite a few users to save it; around 1,000 to 5,000, or more, just to keep running it. So, here's what we're going to do. If we can get enough users by December 31st, even LEGO's going to have to admit it's not a lost cause.

So, this is what we're going to do:
SAVE THE UNIVERSE CAMPAIGN

Goal is 5,000 more users in two months. More if possible.

1. The campaign is like this: Tell all your friends about the game, show them trailers, show what it has to offer: Free to Play, Crux Prime, Nexus Tower, WBL, properties, Nexus Force Championships, Ninjago, Frostburgh, building, battling, exploring, chatting...and have THEM tell all of their friends.

2. Send letters to LEGO. Though not all of you are crazy about Star Trek, I know it was kept alive by a successful letter-writing campaign.

3. SPREAD THE WORD! Advertise! I mean, don't go spend money and paste it all over some website, but I mean, tell people! Maybe in another LU game! Show them what LU is and why six years of work is not going to go to waste!

-That's the campaign for now. You don't have to sign up, or even tell us you're doing it; another strategy may be to tell five friends, have them tell five friends...and remember, think MEMBERSHIP, not F2P.-

-PatchM142

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Brickguy190 (offline) on Saturday, November 05 2011 @ 11:35 PM GMT  
Brickguy190

This is a great plan, but 5000 members is a lot. This is going to take some effort, and Moonbase.lu is like an (almost) deserted city. It's just the two of us here, unless someone else joins. This needs to be put elsewere, and not just a link.

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
~Albert Einstein

I'm the only LEGO nut I know in person. *cry*
I was a Beta Tester! (Brickguy190)

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Profile Email    

By: Redboy31 (offline) on Wednesday, November 09 2011 @ 04:50 PM GMT  
Redboy31

I'm still here. Unfortunately, I can't really help with this as I don't know anybody to tell about LU >.< . I suggest you actually put this on the Lego message boards, as I don't expect very many people to read this.

RB-31, Assembly Engineer, Beta Tester, Founder, and a great builder!

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

By: kingsley (offline) on Wednesday, November 09 2011 @ 05:48 PM GMT  
kingsley

Hey guys,

Do whatever you want with Moonbase.LU in terms of a campaign. Just don't get your hopes up too high as I have tried this sort of thing before and failed. The other problem being that much of the LU staff has already been laid off. That makes any resurrection problematic at best...

-Eric Kingsley - Regolith

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email    

By: Brickguy190 (offline) on Monday, November 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM GMT  
Brickguy190

Exclaimation Your back Kingsley! Anyways, I'm going to try to send TLC a letter this week. Hopefully it will help...

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
~Albert Einstein

I'm the only LEGO nut I know in person. *cry*
I was a Beta Tester! (Brickguy190)

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Profile Email    

By: PatchM142 (offline) on Tuesday, December 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM GMT  
PatchM142

I crunched the numbers. LU needs AT LEAST 100,000 new members to survive.
I'm going to have to deem this impossible. I guess Kingsley was right...perhaps all good things come to an end. But dreams, no.
Dreams can be slowed, tripped, stumbled, but no, not stopped. Maybe there will someday be a relaunch. Or maybe just Moonbase itself will develop into a independent game; maybe not.

But dreams never end. Somewhere, on a LEGO moon, orbiting a planet we'll never know rests a little base. And while it may not be in, it would certainly be at home in the Ocean of Dreams. Perhaps that's where it is.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are BST. The time is now 07:00 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Support Moonbase.lu

As you know this is an unpaid fan project. Help defer the cost of this site and show your support with a contribution of your choosing.

Remember the Domain and hosting are not free.

My Account

Lost your password?

Related Sites

Brickapalooza - Celebrating the LEGO Maniac

LEGO Trains and Town

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events